Wine Database Project Editor - 3 month temporary contract
Decanter is the world’s leading wine media brand. It comprises the magazine, two websites, two world-class wine competitions and both Europe’s and China’s premier consumer wine events.
Currently experiencing a period of accelerated investment and a focus on premium digital content we are now seeking a WSET Level 2 Editor to support the development of our wine reviews database.
- Checking all Decanter.com/reviews
- Assess relevance of reviews and decide which ones to keep
- Transfer the data into the uploading spreadsheet
- Find bottle shots and cut to size
- Upload the wines into the new database
- Keep a log of the wines transferred, their old URL and their new URL
- Maintain the highest standards across the wine reviews database
- Ensure all the wine recommendations adhere to the Decanter format
- If the wine already exists, merge or redirect the old wine review
It is essential for the successful candidate to have digital publishing, administrative skills as well as wine knowledge.
Essential wine knowledge requirements:
- WSET Level 2
- An understanding of price
- An understanding of drinking windows
- An understanding of how a tasting note should be written
Essential digital publishing and administrative skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, at speed and take responsibility for project tasks
- Experience of using MS Office applications, specifically Excel
Knowledge and skills in SEO best practice, Photoshop and CMS would be a distinct advantage but is not essential