TrustedReviews is a comprehensive source of independent expert reviews, user reviews and news about consumer electronics products. Over a 180 million pages of our content are read by every year by our global audience seeking free in-depth reviews.
As the Videographer you will setup, shoot and edit video for Trusted Reviews. With full ownership of all things video for the brand you will work with colleagues from the editorial teams to devise and deliver engaging videos that will inform and entertain our audiences in all things tech.
- Work closely with the editorial team to create and produce engaging and visually impressive short form video content covering reviews, first impressions and launch events.
- Work closely with the wider team to understand our reader’s needs around video.
- Advise on a shooting schedule that
- works for editorial and video requirements.
- Shooting, editing and delivering three pieces of content a week (so you should be comfortable in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment).
- Be part of the idea generation process with the editorial teams on brands.
- Work with the editorial team to educate
- them on smart shooting techniques for event coverage.
- Focus on what our audience will want to view and share.
The following skills, experience and attributes are required:
- Excellence in camera skills, using HD video cameras – you will be the primary camera operator on video shoots.
- Proficiency in lighting, using LED panel lights and other lighting techniques.
- Proficiency in audio recording and production.
- Excellence in editing skills on Premiere Pro with additional graphics work in After Effects & Photoshop.
- Ability to manage your own diary, but with support from the editorial team.
- Strong creative ideas on how to turn great editorial ideas in to winning videos.
- A strong sense of visual style.
- Awareness of current trends in tech video and coverage.
- Understanding the current digital landscape and up to date on the latest video platforms such as Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
The following would be a bonus but aren't essential
- A passion for the latest tech across mobile, computing and smart home.
- Experience working with and managing freelance crew.
- Comfortable interviewing and directing talent.
- Experience in front of camera as a presenter.