National Account Executive
Do you want to support and manage the sales of some of the world’s best magazine brands?
As one of the UK’s leading magazine distributors, Marketforce work closely with some of the UK’s best known Publishers. The team creates sales driving strategies, advising on the best approaches to the distribution of their brands and develop the most striking consumer promotions on the global newsstand.
The Retail National Accounts team for Marketforce in the UK, work with all the major Grocery, WH Smith High Street & Travel, and Convenience retailers who range and sell magazines in stores nationwide, as well as smaller local independent retailers. The team works closely with Circulation teams and Publishers, to support sales & promotional activity, and bespoke publisher initiatives. This includes launching new magazine titles into the market, in addition to securing ranging for magazines in stores.
An opportunity has arisen within our fast-paced, dynamic and creative team for a National Account Executive
The successful candidate will work with their Manager to provide planning, administrative and promotional support to nominated accounts within the retail team. The National Account Executive plays an important role in supporting the National Account Managers to ensure we implement our publisher client plans to help deliver sales objectives.
You will need to have:
- A general understanding of the UK retail market and sectors
- Working knowledge of negotiation skills, with internal and external contacts
- Strong communication skills, with experience of interacting with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Competence in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Out-going personality, with confidence to work under your own initiative when required
The successful candidate will be a pro-active individual, who also feels comfortable working as part of a wider team. You will possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet strict deadlines. You will be confident in presenting data in a concise, easy-to-understand format and engaging manner. Account management experience or magazine distribution experience would be beneficial but not essential.
Still reading? Why not apply?!