Senior Platform Engineer
TI Media is one of the largest branded media companies in the UK. The company reaches more than 28 million people each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Trusted Reviews, Cycling Weekly, Marie Claire, Decanter and Wallpaper.
We are seeking a talented, self-starting Platform Engineer with a proven DevOps mind-set who can work as part of a team to help architect, deploy and maintain reliable, secure, scalable solutions within AWS Cloud.The role:
- Writing documented, thoughtfully architected infrastructure configuration and testing through multiple environments
- Proactively suggesting and developing improvements to the developer workflow, tooling and infrastructure both to enhance productivity, reduce cost as well as helping the business meet their objectives
- Ensuring you’re always learning new skills and thinking of ways to apply them
- Join an out of hours, on-call rota to manage incidents and outages with our business-critical applications and infrastructure.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience with the following technologies and methodologies:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, talking to developers and stakeholders alike.
- Understands operations at scale, traffic management, performance optimisations, query optimisation and zero-downtime deployments and migrations.
- Can work with industry standard best practices to ensure security on our platform, updating software, configuring firewall and security group rules, and assigning appropriate IAM policies.
- Experience operating, configuring and maintaining Docker based container workloads
- Have thorough understanding of AWS services such as S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, AMIs, ECR, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch and more…
- Competent with Continuous Integration systems and build pipelines such as Jenkins
- Have knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code approaches with declarative configuration languages such as Terraform
- Has a fundamental understanding of various protocols, TCP / UDP / HTTP and RESTful applications
- Has a thorough understanding of VCS such as Git or SVN.
- Identify cost saving strategies with cloud providers in regards to operational complexity, backups and redundancy.
- Experience with Linux administration, installing packages, building from source with various flavours such as CentOS / RHEL and CoreOS.
- Experience modifying, provisioning and a fundamental understanding of DNS
- Experience provisioning, renewing and installing TLS certificates
- Experience with secrets management such as Vault and various levels of encryption of data at rest.
- AWS certification welcome
- Experience with container orchestration
- Experience in infrastructure testing
- PHP or other backend programming language experience
- Experience creating tooling in Golang
You will join a friendly and collaborative department working in a fast‐paced environment with the excellent training and support that a large organisation can offer.